Send your school tax rates to the Tax Department
School district officials
As soon as possible, and no later than seven days after determining the rates
We need your help with providing school tax rates so that we can calculate the amount of the STAR credit for each eligible homeowner. We appreciate your assistance with this process.
So that we can promptly issue checks to homeowners, please provide your school tax rates as soon as they are available, and no later than seven days after the school board adopts the rates.
The rates must be per $1,000 of assessed value and carried out to six decimal places. If your school district does not base its tax rates on $1,000 of assessed value, please convert them for this purpose.
- Please open and use the tax rate spreadsheet, which includes instructions.
- Enter school tax rates (per $1,000 of assessed value) for each municipal segment in your school district, excluding the library levy, if any.
- Enter the information on the worksheet titled Enter Data Here.
- The worksheet titled School District Reference will include a complete listing of municipal segments in your school district.
- If one or more municipal segments in your school district uses dual tax rates, enter class rates (homestead and non-homestead) on separate worksheet rows.
- Tax rates must be carried out to six decimal places. Please enter trailing zeros if your tax rate is not carried out to six decimal places (for example: 26.765400).
If your school tax rates will be provided by someone other than your school business official (for example, in Suffolk County, the final tax rates are provided by each town), please forward this request to the appropriate person as soon as possible.
After you complete your spreadsheets
Please send your completed spreadsheets to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation. You can also send questions to that address.
- STAR Credit Implementation Guide
- Step-by-step guide to the STAR credit process
- Contact information for local officials
- Timelines for local officials: