MEDIA ADVISORY: NYS Tax Department and Community Partners Cut Ribbon at Centro Civico on 80 New Free Tax Assistance Sites *INTERVIEW, VIDEO AND PHOTO OPPORTUNITY*
For Release: Immediate,
For press inquiries only, contact: James Gazzale, 518-457-7377
What: The NYS Tax Department is greatly increasing-by more than 400%--its free tax assistance sites to 80 statewide.
Taxpayers qualify for the free service if they earn $60,000 or less. They'll use Tax Department equipment and user-friendly software to e-file their returns, with a Tax Department volunteer.
Leaders from NYS agencies, Centro Civico, and the Capital Region CA$H Coalition will cut the ribbon on the 80 free sites.
When: Wednesday, February 18th at 10:00 a.m.
Where: Centro Civico Albany Headquarters, 230 Green Street, Albany - plenty of parking and entrance on the south side of the building
Interview opportunities with:
- NYS Tax Department Executive Deputy Commissioner Nonie Manion
- NYS Taxpayer Rights Advocate Peg Neri
- Centro Civico Executive Director Ladan Alomar
- NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance Executive Deputy Commissioner Sharon Devine
- CA$H of the Capital District Region Program Director David Galin
NYS Tax Department
Press Office: 518-457-7377