Avoid the Rush: File Your Quarterly Sales Tax Return Today! Sales tax filers can schedule payments in advance of the June 20 deadline
For Release: Immediate,
For press inquiries only, contact: James Gazzale, 518-457-7377
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance today reminded quarterly sales tax filers about convenient options available to help them avoid filing at the last minute to meet the June 20 deadline.
- Sales Tax Web File makes filing easy, fast, and flexible—allowing payments to be scheduled up until the due date.
- It’s free to use and allows payments to be made directly from a bank’s checking or savings account.
- The Tax Department website is full of resources to help you prepare and file an accurate sales tax return on time to avoid penalties, including filing instructions, guidance, videos, and demos.
- Registered sales tax vendors must file sales tax returns even if they had no taxable sales, taxable purchases, or credits to report. They face penalties if they don’t meet their filing obligations.
To Web File:
1. Log in to your Online Services account.
2. Select Sales tax - file and pay in the Services menu.
3. Select Sales tax web file from the drop-down.