E-file for Free from Your Smartphone or Tablet The Tax Department website is available 24/7 and provides various time-saving resources and applications
For Release: Immediate,
For press inquiries only, contact: James Gazzale, 518-457-7377
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance today reminded eligible taxpayers of the ability to file their personal income taxes for free directly from their smartphone or tablet through www.tax.ny.gov.
“The Tax Department’s website plays a vital role in assisting millions of taxpayers during the filing season and throughout the year,” said Acting Commissioner Nonie Manion. “In addition to e-filing from your phone, our mobile-friendly website offers easy navigation and fast download speeds.”
Visit the Tax Department’s website from your smartphone or tablet to:
- Prepare to file by reviewing estimated tax payments;
- file your return for free (if your federal adjusted gross household income is $66,000 or less);
- request an extension of time to file and make an extension payment;
- quickly check the status of your refund;
- sign up for email alerts about your refund;
- make an income tax return payment or an estimated payment;
- respond to a letter about your return; or
- access other helpful information available at www.tax.ny.gov.
Since income tax season began on January 29, 37% of visitors to the Tax Department website accessed our resources using a smartphone or tablet.