Make an estimated income tax payment
If the Tax Department sent you a notice and you want to pay it, see Pay a bill (assessment). Do not pay a bill from this page.
If you would like to make an estimated income tax payment, you can make your payment directly on our website or using tax preparation software.
How to pay electronically through our website
You can pay directly from your bank account or by credit card through your Online Services account.
- Pay from bank account (free)
Authorize a direct debit from a checking or savings account and:
- schedule payments in advance,
- save your bank account information, and
- receive instant confirmation from the New York State Tax Department.
Your bank statement will indicate our receipt of your payment with a NYS Tax Payment line item for the authorized amount.
- Pay by credit card (2.25% convenience fee)
We have updated our credit card features to:
- provide easy-to-use payment screens,
- quicken the process, and
- simplify your payment experience.
Simply log in to your Online Services account, select Payments, bills and notices from the left-hand menu, and then select Make a payment from the drop-down. (You'll need to create an account if you don't already have one.)
View the estimated tax payment due dates to ensure your payment is timely.
Not ready to pay electronically?
Use an estimated income tax payment voucher to mail in a check or money order.