Make an estimated income tax payment
If the Tax Department sent you a notice and you want to pay it, see Pay a bill (assessment). Do not pay a bill from this page.
Make a payment through our website
You can pay directly from your bank account or by credit card through your Online Services account.
Pay from bank account (free)
Authorize a direct debit from a checking or savings account and:
- save your bank account information,
- receive instant confirmation for the New York State Tax Department, and
- schedule payments in advance. Note: To schedule additional payments, return to your Account Summary homepage and select Make a payment again.
Your bank statement will indicate our receipt of your payment with an NYS Tax Payment line item for the authorized amount.
Pay by credit card (2.25% convenience fee)
We have updated our credit card features to:
- provide easy-to-use payment screens,
- quicken the process, and
- simplify your payment experience.
Simply log in to your Online Services account, select the ≡ Services menu from the upper left-hand corner of the page, choose Payments, bills and notices, then select Make a payment from the expanded menu. (You'll need to create an account if you don't already have one.)
Want to schedule additional payments? Return to your Account Summary homepage and select Make a payment again.
View the estimated tax payment due dates to ensure your payment is timely.
Not ready to pay electronically?
Use an estimated income tax payment voucher to mail in a check or money order.