Check your assessment
The assessment roll lists information for every property in a municipality. Review your municipality’s assessment roll to verify your assessed value and exemption status. The assessment roll is required to be available for viewing on your municipal or county website within ten days of the tentative roll date (May 1 in most communities). See Overview of the assessment roll to learn how to read an assessment roll.
Find local assessment rolls outside of New York City
- Visit the Municipal Profiles application.
- Select search for a city, town, or village.
- Select the county from the drop-down menu.
- Select the SWIS code for the municipality.
- Select local officials addresses.
- Use the link at the top of the table to go to your municipality's website. Your municipality's homepage should include a link to the assessment roll.
If your municipality does not have a website, or the assessment roll is not posted on it, visit your county website instead.
View the New York City assessment roll
For property located within one of the city's five boroughs, visit the New York City Department of Finance website to view your property assessment roll data.
- Property tax exemptions
- Learn about assessments and property taxes
- Contest your assessment