Sign up for updates on corporation tax news.
Information on this page relates to a tax year that began on or after January 1, 2018, and before January 1, 2019.
If your business is incorporated in New York State or does business or participates in certain other activities in New York State, you may have to file an annual New York State corporation tax return to pay a franchise tax under the New York State Tax Law.
The way you compute the tax and the type of return you file will depend on the type of business your corporation conducts.
See more information on filing and paying corporation tax for:
Helpful information for corporation tax filers:
- Avoid common Article 9-A corporation tax filing errors
- Corporation tax forms and instructions (current year) or (prior years and periods)
- Corporate tax reform 2015
- Corporation tax resource center
- Due dates of franchise tax returns and requests for extensions to file returns
- E-File and e-pay requirements for certain filers
- Foreign corporations authorized to do business in New York State
- Foreign corporate limited partners - separate accounting election
- Interest rates
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Mandatory first installment of estimated tax
- Penalty and Interest Calculator