Assessor's Manual, Volume 4, ExemptionAdministration
Section 4.02 - Ed L Section 657
NYS Higher Education Services Corporation
Exemption Code(s): 12430 Year Originally Enacted: 1957
Related Statutes: None.
SUMMARY: Real property owned by the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation is wholly exempt from taxation, special ad valorem levies, and special assessments.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ownership Requirements: Property must be owned by the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation.
- Property Location Requirements: None.
- Property Use Requirements: None.
- Certification by State or Local Government: None required.
- Required Construction Start Date or Other Time Requirement None.
- LOCAL OPTION: No.
- LIMITATION ON EXEMPTION:
1. Amount No
2. Duration No
3. Taxing Jurisdiction a. County or County
Ex NA Ex Ex b. City Ex NA NA Ex c. Town or Town
Ex NA Ex Ex d. Village Ex NA NA Ex e. School District NA Ex NA NA Ex-Exempt Tax-Taxable NA-Not Applicable
- PAYMENTS IN LIEU OF TAXES: None required.
- CALCULATION OF EXEMPTION:
- General Municipal and School District Taxes: 100% of assessed value.
- Special Ad Valorem Levies and Special Assessments: 100% of assessed value or other basis of assessment.
- CODING OF EXEMPTION ON ASSESSMENT ROLL:
Code Description of Alternative Codes Possible 12430
Assessment Roll Section(s): Exempt (ARLM Section 8).
NOTE: This code should not be used to identify property that is exempt under any of the statutes listed under Similar Exemptions below. For coding of such property, see the Exemption Profile for the statute that applies.
- FILING REQUIREMENTS (Owner or Occupant of Property): None.
- REPORTING REQUIREMENTS (Assessor): None.
- SIMILAR EXEMPTIONS:
Subject Statute Public authorities RPTL §412 & Pub Auth L State of New York (generally) RPTL §404(1)
Please send general questions or comments to Orpts Solutions Center.