Judicial cases: 2018
The following is a list of recently decided judicial cases that may be of interest to those who follow developments in the laws that govern real property tax administration. We're sharing these cases for informational purposes only. We make no representations as to the precedential value of any of the cases, nor do we intend this posting to constitute legal advice of any kind. We urge you to consult with a knowledgeable attorney before relying on any of the reported cases. As we learn of new cases we'll share them here.
Prior year's judicial cases:
- Matter of South Cent. Plaza, Inc. v Village of Spring Val.
- Matter of County of Seneca v Maxim Dev. Group
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. v. The New York State Board of Real Property Tax Services
- Matter of Foreclosure of Tax Liens by Proceeding in Rem Pursuant to Art. 11 of Real Prop. Tax Law by County of Ontario (See the November 2017 decision that the court declined to review.)
- Matter of Level 3 Communications, LLC v Chautauqua County (See the March 2017 decision that the court declined to review.)
- Matter of Blauvelt Mini-Mall, Inc. v Town of Orangetown
- NYCTL 2009-A Trust v Kimball Group, LLC
- Matter of Catherine Commons, LLC v Town of Orangetown
- Boening v Nassau County Dept. of Assessment
- NYCTL 1998-2 Trust v Russian Orthodox Greek-Catholic Church
- Matter of Town of Rye v Assessor of City of Rye (See the July 2016 decision on this case.)
- Matter of 76 S. Cent. Assoc., LLC v Department of Assessment
- Scarsdale Committee for Fair Assessments v Albanese