Form FT-1010, Application for Refund of Prepaid Sales Tax on Diesel Motor Fuel Sold Other Than at Retail Service Stations
Web File is FREE — No additional software needed
Use Sales Tax Web File to submit your form. To get started, you must:
- Create an Online Services account, if you do not already have one. View our demos to learn how to create your account and use Sales Tax Web File.
- Log in to your account and then select Sales Tax Web File from the left hand menu under Sales tax-file and pay.
- Select sales tax refund request
The benefits include:
- Instant filing confirmation
- Automatic calculation of amounts claimed
Log in or create an Online Services account to get started. To learn how, view our account creation demo.
Complete a separate Form FT-1010 for each calendar month
A separate form is required, whether you Web File or complete a paper application. For example, if you apply for a refund of tax remitted in April, May, and June, you must file three forms (one for each month).
Information for registered distributors
When requesting a tax refund for a previous period, you must also amend your Form FT-945/1045, Report of Sales Tax Prepayment on Motor Fuel/Diesel Motor Fuel, for that period to reflect the new credit/refund information.
You can only file an amended Form FT-945/1045 online if you filed the original return online. If not, you must file a paper amended return. Write "amended" at the top of the form and mail it to the address on the form.
Not ready to Web File?