Recordkeeping: rehabilitation of historic properties credit
When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:
- copy of the final Certification of Completed Work from the National Park Services
- copy of federal Form 3468 for each year you claimed the credit
- documentation detailing the rehabilitation costs claimed
- copy of the depreciation schedule for costs and any related supporting schedules
- approval letter from New York State Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
- organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership
Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.
To claim the credit, you’ll need to file either:
- Form CT-238, Claim for Rehabilitation of Historic Properties Credit, if you’re a corporation; or
- Form IT-238, Claim for Rehabilitation of Historic Properties Credit, if you’re not a corporation.
See Rehabilitation of historic properties credit for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.