Withholding tax changes
NYS and Yonkers withholding tax changes effective January 1, 2018
We revised the 2018 New York State personal income tax rate schedules to reflect certain income tax rate reductions enacted under the Tax Law. We also updated the New York State and Yonkers resident withholding tax tables and methods for 2018. These changes apply to payrolls made on or after January 1, 2018.
- Calculate 2018 New York State withholding tax amounts using Publication NYS-50-T-NYS, New York State Withholding Tax Tables and Methods (1/18).
- Calculate 2018 Yonkers resident withholding tax amounts using Publication NYS-50-T-Y, Yonkers Withholding Tax Tables and Methods (1/18).
NYC Withholding tax change effective January 1, 2018
- Withholding tax computation rules have been revised to reflect annualized rates for 2018 which may affect your payrolls made on or after January 1, 2018.
- Calculate 2018 withholding amounts using Publication NYS-50-T-NYC, New York City Withholding Tax Tables and Methods (dated 1/18).
Form IT-2104, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (2018)
- Form IT-2104 for 2018 reflects these tax rate schedule changes.
Just a reminder
To avoid penalties, it's important to file and pay withholding tax on time and accurately report employee wage and withholding information. See Publication NYS-50, Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance, Wage Reporting, and Withholding Tax for more information.