Resources for withholding tax filers
Wage reporting is easy with our two resources that help you meet your wage reporting obligations.
Form TR-150.5, Important Filing Reminders for Form(s) NYS-45 and NYS-45-ATT
Form TR-150.5 provides tips on how to report your employees’ information completely and accurately and avoid common errors that may delay your employees’ income tax refund.
You can download Form TR-150.5 directly on our website.
Wage Reporting for Pensioners demo
View our demo for step-by-step instructions on how to:
• withhold the requested amount on behalf of your employee (the pensioner), and
• report payments timely and accurately to the Tax Department.
Consequences for reporting incorrectly
Accurate wage reporting is extremely important, particularly when your New York State employees prepare to file their personal income tax returns. If you don’t report information correctly and timely, we may:
- delay or deny your employees’ income tax refunds,
- send your employees tax bills instead of the refunds they are owed, and
- charge you penalties and interest.
See Withholding tax penalties and interest for more information.