Skip universal navigation
Skip to main content

Department of Taxation and Finance

Filing season resource center

What to do while you're waiting

The best way to communicate with the Tax Department about your return is to request electronic communications for both Bills and Related Notices and Other Notifications. Simply:

  1. Log in to (or create) your Individual Online Services account.
  2. Select your name in the upper right-hand corner of your Account Summary homepage.
  3. Select Preferences, then choose Electronic communications from the expanded menu.
  4. On the Electronic Communications page, check the boxes next to Bills and Related Notices and Other Notifications.

When you select both options, we'll email you when we issue your refund, and alert you to any future correspondence.

Did you receive a DTF-160 notice?

Due to a systems error, notices were sent to some taxpayers whose returns have been processed without issue and had their claimed refunds paid in full.

How to respond

  • If the previously refunded amount listed on the notice matches the refund you claimed and have already received, you should disregard the notice.
  • If, however, the previously refunded amount does not match the refund you claimed and received, follow the instructions for responding to the notice.

Useful resources

Video: E-file—a remedy for paper