QETC employment credit
You're entitled to this refundable credit if you or your business:
- is a qualified emerging technology company (QETC), and
- the average number of individuals employed full‑time by the business in New York State during the tax year is at least 101% of the business' base-year employment number
How much is the credit?
- The amount of the credit is equal to the average number of full-time employees in New York State for the current tax year, minus the business' base‑year employment number, multiplied by $1,000.
- The credit is available for three consecutive years.
For additional information on claiming this credit, see:
- New information concerning qualified emerging technology company (QETC) tax credits
- Form DTF-621, Claim for QETC Employment Credit, and its instructions, Form DTF-621-I