You may be required to make estimated tax payments to New York State if you receive certain types of taxable income not subject to withholding (such as self-employed income, pension or annuity income, interest and dividend income, etc.) or subject to MCTMT.
Both individuals and fiduciaries can now pay estimated taxes and check their payment history online. You may also be able to quickly and easily make your estimated tax payments using tax preparation software.
Estimated tax information
- Filing estimated tax
- Who must make estimated tax payments?
- Estimated tax law changes
- How to estimate the tax
- Payment due dates
- Annual estimated tax account
- Payment options
- Penalty for underestimating the tax
- Forms and instructions
Other estimated tax resources
- Form IT-2105-I, Instructions for Form IT-2105, Estimated Tax Payment Voucher for Individuals
- Form IT-2106-I, Instructions for Form IT 2106, Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher for Fiduciaries
- Form IT-2105.9-I, Instructions for Form IT-2105.9, Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals and Fiduciaries
- Pay electronically, check your balance, and reconcile your estimated tax account by creating an Online Services account.