Special additional mortgage recording tax credit
You are entitled to this refundable credit if you or your business:
- paid special additional mortgage recording tax, other than on the following
- residential mortgages where the real property is located in Erie County or any of the counties within the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) comprised of the counties of New York, Bronx, Queens, Kings, Richmond, Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester
How much is the credit?
- The amount of the credit is the qualifying special additional mortgage recording tax paid.
Taxpayers must prove entitlement to tax credits. During the course of an audit, you may be required to provide documentation to substantiate entitlement based on the specific facts of your tax credit claim. See Special additional mortgage recording tax credit recordkeeping requirements for more information on the recordkeeping requirements for this credit.
For additional information on claiming this credit, see:
- Form CT-43, Claim for Special Additional Mortgage Recording Tax Credit , and its instructions, Form CT-43-I (for corporations) or
- Form IT-256, Claim for Special Additional Mortgage Recording Tax Credit, and its instructions, Form IT-256-I (for all others)
To learn about other New York State tax credits available to businesses, see Business incentives.