Estimated tax law changes
Changes for 2015
- The School Tax Reduction (STAR) Program rate reduction benefit for New York City residents with taxable income over $500,000 has been eliminated. For additional information, see TSB-M-15(4)I, Elimination of the STAR Program Personal Income Tax Rate Reduction for Certain New York City Residents.
- Self-employed individuals engaging in business within the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) must now submit their required estimated Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax (MCTMT) payments, along with their required income tax payments.
- The 2015 New York State standard deduction and tax rate schedules have been adjusted to reflect the cost of living adjustment required under the Tax Law.
Determine the estimated tax amount that you should pay by completing:
- Form IT-2105-I, Instructions for Form IT-2105, Estimated Tax Payment Voucher for Individuals
- Form IT-2106-I, Instructions for Form IT-2106, Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher for Fiduciaries
- Join our Subscription Service for e-mail updates about new information or check this page again
- See our estimated tax page
- Call our Personal Income Tax Information Center