Empire State Musical and Theatrical Production Credit
You are entitled to this refundable credit if you or your business:
- is a qualified musical and theatrical production company, and
- received a certificate of tax credit from Empire State Development (ESD).
How much is the credit?
The credit is 25% of the sum of qualified production expenditures and transportation expenditures.
ESD allocates the amount of credit allowed for the current tax year. ESD will issue a certificate of tax credit showing the amount of tax credit allowed and the allocation year of the tax credit.
For additional information about this credit, see:
- Empire State Development’s website
- Form CT-642, Empire State Musical and Theatrical Production Credit, (for corporations), or
- Form IT-642, Empire State Musical and Theatrical Production Credit, and its instructions Form IT-642-I (for all others).